What to Expect at Kate Dishman
Our hospital has defined rehabilitation with positive results in mind. Your course of treatment will be tailored to meet your needs and abilities. You will be under the care of our team of qualified experts, working closely together to plan for your recovery. Although the plan of care is different for each patient, the daily schedule follows the same basic routine.
- There’s a lot of work to do, so the day starts early.
- Your nurse will visit you and provide you with any needed treatments.
- Nursing and/or therapy staff will help you to use the rest room, and get clean and dressed for the day
- Breakfast is planned daily by your nutritionist and physician to account for your current medical needs.
- Patients typically have 2-3 therapy sessions in the morning before lunch. Your therapy schedule is provided to you each evening so you know what to expect the following day.
- Lunch is planned by your nutritionist and physician to account for your current medical needs.
- Your afternoon will also be spent in therapy sessions.
- Time for resting is provided between sessions, when needed.
- Nurses will check up on you through the day, provide you with needed treatments, and help you
- Dinner is planned daily by your nutritionist and physician to account for your current medical needs.
- You have the evening free to visit with family and friends, relax, read or watch TV.
- Snacks are always available. Just ask.
- Nursing staff will help you with grooming, putting on your bedclothes and getting comfortable in bed.
- During the night, we work hard to minimize interruptions. We will check on you throughout the night and provide any needed treatments, but we won’t wake you unless it’s necessary.
- Throughout your stay, you will receive routine visits from a physician experienced in rehabilitation.
- Your case manager will also visit. The case manager coordinates your care, ensuring all needs are met and questions answered.