Kate Dishman Rehabilitation Hospital
The Kate Dishman Rehabilitation Hospital is a 27-bed unit on the 6th floor at CHRISTUS Hospital-St. Elizabeth in Beaumont. This unit provides a comprehensive medical rehabilitation program where those who have suffered disabling illness or injury will find a new opportunity to rebuild their lives. Our program offers patients and their families a professional, relaxed environment with an organized, systematic approach to optimal recovery.
Experience the Difference:
- Specialized: Unlike skilled nursing homes or other long term care facilities, Kate Dishman is dedicated to acute rehabilitation with specialized training in Occupational, Physical and Speech Therapy.
- Results-driven: Our passion is to deliver results. This means that we are driven to getting our patients on the road to a strong, functional and independent lifestyle during and after discharge.
- Team approach: Highly qualified and devoted rehabilitation experts work together to plan and execute specialized treatment. Our interdisciplinary system promotes a holistic approach to optimum recovery.
Team Approach to Patient Care
To help our patients regain their highest level of functioning and independence, we provide a trans-disciplinary team approach. Our team of rehabilitation professionals includes:
- Medical Director
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- Orthotics/prosthetics consultants
- Discharge planners
- Other ancillary departments
Who We Serve
Our team of rehabilitation professionals provides services to patients experiencing:
- Limitations in self-care
- Impaired mobility, balance and coordination
- Limitation in strength and range of motion
- Cognitive and perceptual deficits
- Speed and communication problems
- Swallowing disorders
- Rehabilitation Diagnosis
The Kate Dishman Rehabilitation Hospital specializes in treating the following diagnoses:
- Cerebral vascular accident (stroke)
- Fracture of the femur
- Polyarticular rheumatoid arthritis, systemic vasculidities and osteoarthritis (case specific)
- Major multiple trauma
- Neurological disorders
Referrals can be initiated by:
- Discharge planners
- Social service professionals
- Case managers
- Allied health professionals
- Third-party payers
- Family, friends, self
- Christus Health Preferred Provider Network
We invite you to contact the Admission Department at the Kate Dishman Rehabilitation Hospital to discuss our services, code of ethics, mission, and philosophy as well as to arrange a tour of the hospital.
Convenient, free parking and complimentary valet parking is available at St. Elizabeth’s main entrance Monday through Friday.